Short Trip Offers
In the arrangements of the Hotel Maingau there are especially attractive offers for weekends and holiday periods.
The Sachsenhausen weekend
2 nights with a delicious breakfast buffet.
The best tips for apple cider restaurants worth experiencing.
Discover Frankfurt by bike
600 kilometers of pure variety
The popular long-distance cycling path starts at the source of the white or red Main River and leads to the international banking and cultural metropolis of Frankfurt am Main. You will pass through the romantic Franconian Switzerland, the Fichtelgebirge, the Franconian Forest or the lovely Tauber Valley. You will cross the secret capital of beer (Kulmbach) and finally reach beautiful wine regions, such as the sun-drenched Franconian wine country.
The Hotel Maingau in Frankfurt-Sachsenhausen is located on the same side of the Main River as the cities of Miltenberg or Offenbach – this is exactly the side of the Main River on which you can find the last stretch of the Main cycling path before Frankfurt.
Places worth seeing along the Main cycling path are Aschaffenburg, Bamberg, Bayreuth, Freudenberg am Main, Hochheim am Main, Kulmbach, Lohr am Main, Marktheidenfeld, Miltenberg or Seligenstadt, just to name a few.
Special offer for bikers:
2 nights in the room category of your choice
Choice of 2 x breakfast or packed lunch
1 thirst quencher on arrival
1 x laundry per room in the coin-operated washing machine for your sports equipment
Secure storage for your bike
Extra nights possible at a special price
Good Reasons to Visit Frankfurt
- Numerous sights, such as the new Frankfurt Old Town, the Römer (City Hall), Kaiserdom and Paulskirche – or the Goethehaus and the Museumsufer.
- The incredible variety and density of museums and exhibitions. The famous Museumsufer can be found right on the doorstep of Hotel Maingau.
- A very rich cultural offer with the opera houses Opernhaus and Alte Oper, as well as numerous theaters, concerts and cabaret.
- Right on the doorstep of the Hotel Maingau in Frankfurt-Sachsenhausen, perfect for a stroll, jogging or sunbathing on the the banks of the Main river. There are restaurants and beer gardens on both side of the river.
- Shopping lovers will find small and individual stores in Sachsenhausen or you can visit the Zeil, one of the longest shopping strips in Germany.
- The Frankfurt skyline is fascinating. With the local shipping company “Primus Linie” you can book wonderful evening and day trips. You can also reach the pier on foot from the Hotel Maingau.
- The beautiful Main cycle path runs only a few hundred meters from the Hotel Maingau. The rest of Frankfurt can also be discovered wonderfully by bike or e-bike.
- For nice excursions into the surrounding countryside, there are some great destinations. In about 30 minutes driving time you can reach the Taunus, the Rheingau, the Spessart or the Odenwald – and with it a wealth of sights, hiking trails and nice excursion restaurants.